Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I find the school?
- Will my child have the chance to perform in public?
- What will it cost for my child to attend? How do I pay?
- What should students wear?
- Which classes should they take?
- Are there any age restrictions?
- Do students need to have any previous dance experience?
- Can parents stay while children take their classes?
- Can my child try it out before I sign her up for a whole month?
- What is Dancercise?
- Can I take some lessons while I’m on vacation?
- Q. How do I find the school?
A. For directions to the school and a map, please visit the location page.
- Q. Will my child have the chance to perform in public?
- A. Yes. For details on our shows go to our showtime page
- Q. What will it cost for my child to attend?
The cost depends on which class or classes your child takes. We do
offer discounts to parents with more than one child taking classes, and
for those who attend more than one class a week. For a full list of
prices see the rates/policies page
- .Q. How do I pay?
- A. Each student is
offered their first class free of charge. After that, fees are to be
paid at the beginning of the month, each month.
- Q. What should students wear?
- A. Once attending regularly students are required to use the correct uniform for all dance classes. Students coming for the first time are asked to come simply prepared to dance, wearing comfortable clothes and footwear. All uniforms can be purchased directly through Emily. To see photos, please see the uniform page.
- Q. Which classes should they take?
Students who are unsure of which dance style they would like to learn
are encouraged to try out different classes, in order to choose the
class or classes they most enjoy. Students are divided into groups based
on age and ability. If you are unsure which class to bring your child
to, just contact Emily.
- Q. Are there any age restrictions?
- A. No!
Children can start ballet from the age of three. This sounds very young,
but there is a class we call “pre-syllabus”. This class helps children
to develop the basic co-ordination, timing with music etc, in a fun and
informal way, designed especially for this age group. However, it is
never too late to start. Even adults of all ages are welcome.
Our Dancercise class is especially popular with the adults.
- Q. Do students need to have any previous dance experience?
Classes are available to everyone, from beginners to professionals. But
don’t worry; students are split accordingly into different classes, so
that you will be learning with people who share your level of
- Q. Can parents stay while children take their classes?
Parents are not permitted to sit in on classes, as most children find
this more distracting than helpful. Parents will be invited periodically to specific
presentations of class work, so that they can see their child’s progress.
Q. What is Dancercise?A. DANCE + EXERCISE = DANCERCISE This is a unique workout which combines all your favorite Latin
dance rhythms into one great aerobic workout. Dancing many different styles including, Merengue,
Bachata, Salsa, Lambada, Mambo, Belly Dance, Latin Pop, Samba and more. You’ll
be having so much fun, you’ll forget you’re working out!
- Q. Can my child try it out before I sign her up for a whole month?
- A. Yes, in fact we will offer any student their first class absolutely free, with no obligation to continue.
Dancercise is a registered trademark and available only at the
Emily Watson School of Dance.
- Q. Can I take some lessons while I’m on vacation?
Of course! Many people want to learn the local rhythms while they
are here; Merengue, Bachata, and Salsa. Whether you are staying for 2
weeks or 3 months, you are welcome to schedule dance classes. Just contact Emily to arrange days and times.
Return to home page Emily Watson School of Dance